Friday, June 6, 2008

Prairie Dog Purrs

Today I visited the Prairie Dog Pals facility and had a long chat with Yvonne and Eddie. We coordinated logistics and have set two dates for PD pick up. One will be this coming Sunday and then another in a week.

I met many Prairie Dogs today and was impressed with PDPs facility and the depth of their care. While I was there I had the opportunity to hold a prairie dog, one that cannot be released because of injuries. He was tame and handle able. Prairie Dogs in the wild are not meant to be handled.

While I was holding him he started to gently shake. I told Yvonne I thought he was scared, she said no he is purring. Amazing Prairie Dog Purrs!

No comments:

Kennel for Transport

Kennel for Transport
Wow look at all this hay!

August 8, 2009

August 8, 2009
Getting Eyes Cleaned

Getting Dried off

Getting Dried off
One step closer to Paradise